Call us to set up an appointment! 815-385-0489

Spengel Chiropractic Treats Back, Neck, Arm and Leg Pain

What should you consider for treatment of your spine and/or extremity pain, your back and leg pain, your neck and arm pain? When you experience these conditions, this question is forefront in your mind. Spengel Chiropractic presents the well-documented, non-surgical, safe and gentle Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management as a response to that question.

BACK SURGERY

First, let’s consider back surgery. Less than 1% of people with low back, neck, and/or leg and arm pain undergo spine surgery. (1,2) That leaves 99% of people with back and extremity pain to be treated non-surgically. This type of care is the forte of your McHenry chiropractor at Spengel Chiropractic. What is the potential of such non-surgical treatment as Cox® Distraction Spine Manipulation to benefit you?

THE COX® FLEXION DISTRACTION OPTION

Flexion distraction spine manipulation is reported to be a good intervention for treating disc height loss in disc herniation patients. (3) Another study revealed 50% pain relief after distraction spine manipulation in patients with low back pain. (4) Cox® distraction combined with therapeutic modalities over a 4-week treatment period for patients with lumbar disc herniation gave significant improvement in muscle strength, disability, and relief of sciatica. The whole treatment entailed 18 visits over a 4-week period of care. Cox® distraction manipulation looks to be a safe and efficacious non-invasive treatment for patients with lumbar disc herniation. (5) Safety always leads care at Spengel Chiropractic.

SAFETY OF COX® TECHNIC

The review of safety of spine manipulation explains that chiropractic students are taught correct delivery of force in giving Cox® manipulation to patients. (6) Similar to a patient seeking surgical treatment for spine pain looks for the best surgeon, studies confirm that patients with an elevated possibility of undergoing surgery are optimally partnered with a non-surgical spine specialist. (7) Certified Cox® practitioners like your McHenry chiropractor at Spengel Chiropractic are trained and then assessed by written and hands-on testing before being certified in Cox® distraction manipulation.

CLINICAL EXAM IMPORTANT IN THE COX® TECHNIC SYSTEM

Lastly, be informed that the clinical examination of your spine is just as and even more valuable than any MRI findings. (8) Cox® certified doctors of chiropractic like your McHenry chiropractor at Spengel Chiropractic are well-versed and examined in the orthopedic and neurological findings of spine and extremity pain patients. The thorough clinical examination establishes the treatment path to your wanted pain relief.

CONTACT Spengel Chiropractic

Listen to this PODCAST with Dr. Rob Rudy on The Back Doctors Podcast with Dr. Michael Johnson. Use of The Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management is well-exemplified in his care of his patients with back and sciatica.

Set your next McHenry chiropractic visit soon. Spengel Chiropractic is confident that together we can answer the predominant question of what to do about your spine pain, back and leg pain, neck and arm pain.

Spengel Chiropractic uses the non-surgical chiropractic care system of Cox® Technic to relieve back, leg, neck and arm pain.
 
« View All Featured Articles
"This information and website content is not intended to diagnose, guarantee results, or recommend specific treatment or activity. It is designed to educate and inform only. Please consult your physician for a thorough examination leading to a diagnosis and well-planned treatment strategy. See more details on the DISCLAIMER page."